The latest evaluation of the healthcare economy, the development of health policy, the spread of organizations that manage, evaluate, and control the health system, the augmentation of information management systems and healthcare costs, the sequence of reforms, the emergence of Europe's healthcare culture which unequivocally demands a text responding to the needs of health professionals, students, organization directors, and administrators.
This Treatise on the Economics of Heath Administration organizes all the critical, necessary information on the topic:
* for understanding economic debates on healthcare
* for comprehending the politics of healthcare cost regulation
* of effective management and direction of the principal healthcare institutions
For each question, the work offers:
* recourse to recognized specialists: academic or practitioner
* an outlook built on solid facts, theories with which they can be interpreted, and the debates they provoke
* the latest knowledge on the subject
* a bibliography for deeper investigation
This treatise is thus meant to become a reference tool for analyzing, comprehending and developing health policy.
Pierre-Louis Bras, former Director of Social Security, is Inspector General of Social Affairs and Associate Professor at l'Université Paris-Ouest-Nanterre-La-Défense.
Gérard de Pouvourville is a Professor at l'École supérieure des sciences économiques et commerciales (Essec), and is the tenured Chair of Essec Santé.
Didier Tabuteau, member of the Council of State, is in charge of the Chaire Santé de Sciences Po and of the Center of Analysis of Health Policy (Capps) de l’École des hautes études en santé publique (EHESP).